It’s Contest Time!
Visit https://www.facebook.com/fairytaleshadows to stay informed about how to enter and win!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who perform the stated task or tasks as specified for each of the contests and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is subject to all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Kristen Milstead and Fairy Tale Shadows as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 21, 2021,1:00 pm EST and ending October 21, 2021, 11:59 pm EST. All online entries must be received between September 21, 2021 1:00 pm EST and September 30, 2021, 11:59 pm EST for Drawing #1, between October 1, 2021 12:00 am EST and October 12, 2021, 11:59 pm EST for Drawing #2, and between October 13, 2021, 12:00 am EST and October 21, 11:59 pm EST, 2021 for Drawing #3.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by responding to specific rules denoted in social media posts and/or newsletters sent to website subscribers, including but not limited to: sharing posts, pre-purchasing books, e-mailing the author, or other methods. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified in posts and emails, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Kristen Milstead. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Kristen Milstead.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one or more of the following prizes: a copy of the author’s book; a Recovery Book Package consisting of five narcissistic recovery books; a Kindle Fire; a $100 Amazon gift card. The approximate retail value of all prizes given is approximately $750. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. Those residing outside the United States are eligible for digital versions of the Recovery Book Package only. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Kristen Milstead. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Kristen Milstead to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing. Winner will be notified by email or Facebook messenger within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Kristen Milstead shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT KRISTEN MILSTEAD’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Terms & Conditions: Kristen Milstead reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Kristen Milstead’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Kristen Milstead may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Kristen Milstead Kristen Milstead reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Kristen Milstead has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Kristen Milstead reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Kristen Milstead and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND Washington, D.C., WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington, D.C. having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 1717 N Street NW, Suite 1, Washington, DC, 20036. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2021, 11:59 pm EST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Fairy Tale Shadows, 1717 N Street NW, Suite 1, Washington, DC, 20036.
15. Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Kristen Milstead and Fairy Tale Shadows is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. By participating in the contest, You, the Contestant, are indicating that you have read, reviewed, and affirmatively accepted and agreed to these Official Rules.